Real Estate Litigation
Chicago Real Estate Litigation
At Law Offices of Joseph P. Berglund, P.C., our Oak Brook real estate lawyers represent individual buyers and sellers, as well as corporations, in lawsuits relating to the purchase and sale of property and homes. Our real estate litigation practice melds two of our law firm’s key strengths: our knowledge of real estate law and our extensive litigation experience. This is a significant advantage to clients who need representation for property-related disputes.
We have been handling real estate litigation in northeastern Illinois for more than 20 years and are experienced in all area courts. We help our clients to understand all their options, then negotiate or litigate to secure results.
Contact the Oak Brook real estate lawyers at Law Offices of Joseph P. Berglund, P.C. to schedule an appointment to discuss your real estate concern. We handle the following types of real estate litigation:
- Disputes over land and land purchases
- Disputes with buyers over the return of earnest money
- Filing suit to enforce contract for the sale of property
- Disputes of home buyers with home sellers over failure to disclose defects or misrepresentation of the condition of a home or property
- Breach of contract between general contractors and subcontractors
- Disputes over scope of services
- Mechanic’s lien proceedings and lien foreclosure in lawsuits
Construction Company Defense
Because of our extensive involvement with the construction industry, we not only provide legal defense but also bring lawsuits on behalf of builders, contractors, subcontractors, and supplies throughout northeastern Illinois. When you work with a business attorney from Law Offices of Joseph P. Berglund, P.C., expect aggressive courtroom representation that gets you out of court and back to business. We handle a wide range of business litigation, including but not limited to:
- Breach of contract and business-to-business disputes
- Commercial transaction disputes, loan disputes, lease disputes, real estate disputes
- Shareholder disputes, partnership disputes, and business break-up
- Employment disputes involving wage and hour disputes, and unfair labor practices
If you need an attorney to represent you in prosecuting or defending a lawsuit, contact an Illinois business litigator with Law Offices of Joseph P. Berglund, P.C. for a thorough discussion of your case or defense.