Chicago Area Business Law Firm
The Oakbrook, Illinois, business law firm of Law Offices of Joseph P. Berglund, P.C., serves the transaction and litigation needs of business clients in a variety of enterprises, with a focus on the construction industry. At Law Offices of Joseph P. Berglund, P.C., we understand that your goal is to get back to business. Our Oak Brook business law attorneys help you do just that, providing practical legal counsel and courtroom representation designed to resolve your legal issue in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Contact the Illinois business law firm of Law Offices of Joseph P. Berglund, P.C. to speak to an attorney regarding any of the following business law services:
Our Oak Brook business law attorneys draft documents and contracts governing a wide range of legal matters confronting business owners, land developers, builders, general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers. Our involvement ensures that the necessary state, federal, and tax ramifications of a business transaction have been addressed. Some of the documents we can assist in drafting include but are not limited to:
- Loan documents
- Buy-sell agreements
- Real estate contracts and easement agreements
- Business formation documents, including partnership agreements, joint venture agreements, incorporation documents, shareholder agreements, and corporate bylaws
- Employment contracts and non-compete agreements
General Legal Counsel
We advise small and medium-sized business clients who lack in-house legal counsel on legal questions arising during the course of business, including: directors’ and officers’ liability, franchising opportunities, business reorganization, business succession planning, and shareholders’ rights. We advise business clients on trade association membership and how membership will impact union agreements and signatory abilities.
Our administrative law practice specializes in regulations related to construction, business and economic regulation, industry restructuring and deregulation, and contracting and project development.
We offer sound legal advice backed by an aggressive and effective courtroom presence. Whether we settle or litigate, our goal is to find workable business solutions that get you out of court and back to business. We handle all types of business litigation:
- Breach of contract and business-to-business disputes
- Breach of fiduciary obligations, fraud, and accounting disputes
- Commercial transaction disputes, loan disputes, lease disputes, real estate disputes
- Shareholder disputes, partnership disputes, and business break-up
- ERISA disputes
- Employment disputes regarding violation of non-compete agreements, wage and hour disputes, and unfair labor practices
- Franchise agreement litigation
- Construction company litigation relation to construction defects.
The Oak Brook business law attorneys at Law Offices of Joseph P. Berglund, P.C. represent clients in administrative hearings and appeals before government licensing, regulatory, and enforcement agencies. Our administrative law practice specializes in regulations related to construction, business and economic regulation, industry restructuring and deregulation, and contracting and project development.