The National Labor Relations Board conducts elections to determine whether the employees of a particular business want union representation, and investigate unfair labor practice charges filed by both employers and unions.
The business law firm of Law Offices of Joseph P. Berglund, P.C., represents the interests of employers, many of them engaged in the construction industry in northeastern Illinois, by providing legal counsel and representation in court and administrative hearings relating to NLRB investigations, charges, complaints and hearings.
Our Oak Brook, Illinois business lawyers have been representing business owners with legal problems in the employment and labor law arena for more than 20 years. We provide effective and cost-effective legal services that meet the business needs of our clients
Contact the business attorneys of Law Offices of Joseph P. Berglund, P.C. for legal assistance with labor law concerns.
Legal Counsel on Union Issues
- Union representation campaigns
- Consultation on negotiation in strike situations
- Educate employers and employees about unions and unionization
- Counsel on jurisdictional issues when competing labor organizations have a dispute amongst themselves
- Defense against and filing of charges of unfair labor practices, failure to negotiate in good faith, or failure to provide information during collective bargaining
- Defense against charges of improperly assisting employees during a union election or organizing
- Defense against charges that a company acted improperly during a unionization campaign
- Defense in administrative hearings on charges of unfair labor practices
- Filing of unfair labor practices with the NLRB or unlawful secondary boycott lawsuits and injunctions in federal court for an illegal strike by a union or for failure to negotiate in good faith
Contact an Oak Brook, Illinois business lawyer at Law Offices of Joseph P. Berglund, P.C. for legal counsel regarding labor law practices and representation in charges of unfair labor practices.