Labor and Employment Law
The field of employment law covers a complex network of laws and regulations that control how employers must treat employees, former employees, and applicants for employment.
The business law firm of Law Offices of Joseph P. Berglund, P.C., protects the interests of employers throughout northeastern Illinois by providing sound legal counsel to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal employment laws, as well as litigation support in employment disputes between and employer and an employee.
Our Chicago, Illinois employment law attorneys have more than 20 years of experience interpreting and applying state and federal statutes and case law in the employment and labor law arena. We are able to provide effective and cost-effective legal services that meet the business needs of our clients
Whether planning for business growth or responding to allegations of employment law violations, contact the Chicago, Illinois employment law attorneys of Law Offices of Joseph P. Berglund, P.C. for help with any of the following employment law or labor law concerns:
- American with Disabilities Act (ADA) claims and compliance
- Family Medical Leave Act requirements
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- Health Insurance Act of 1996
- Small Business Jobs Protections Act of 1996
- Representation before EEOC and other state agencies in defense of claims of discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, religion, physical, or mental handicap
- Strikes, unfair labor practice charges and union representation campaigns
- State and Federal wage and hour law violations
- OSHA and state occupational health and safety laws
- Drafting of employment handbooks, employee policies, employment contracts, and non-compete agreements
- Wrongful discharge, wage claims, and unemployment claims
- Employee’s Retirement Income and Security Act (ERISA)
Employment Law Claims
The Chicago, Illinois employment law attorneys at Law Offices of Joseph P. Berglund, P.C. represent business clients in litigation in federal and state court and before administrative agencies, such as the NLRB, OSHA, the Illinois Department of Labor, the U.S. Department of Labor, and the Illinois Department of Employment Security.
We are well versed in the requirements of the Administrative Procedure Act, which deals with administrative hearings and adjudication, administrative investigations, administrative officers and agents, administrative rulemaking, licensing, and regulatory enforcement.
We defend clients against fines issues by OSHA in unfair labor practice charges, petitions for hearing and elections at the NLRB and DOL. Contact our law firm to speak to an employment defense lawyer.